Saturday, February 2, 2019

Galactic Gifts

Welcome, welcome!  It has take me 2 years to get around to making this project.  That long I had forgotten where the pattern is that I saved for this....lol.  So I had to make it from scratch.  
I am sure the pattern was much larger than this but I made it custom to fit our little heroin.  And the box to fit the little surprise inside.  I am sure the original idea was for the box to contain a little gift or treat but serves as an explosion box on a mini scale. 
All I did was cut the card to size (for the character) and then cut a square from the right hand side.  Covered the front with patterned paper (used the square cut out for the front of the box.  I custom made a little box to sit inside the square cut out.  
I did not glue the side of the box together as I wanted the sides to fall down, but the lid has had all of its sides down so you just lift it nicely off the top.  Also the box was made big enough for the little character to hide inside. Something you can omit if you wish to fill it with something else.  
I put my thinking cap on to come up with something else other than a bow to put on the lid but the thinking cap was on the fritz!  LOL  The bow still works though.  
Thank you so much for checking my project out.  You should really have a go and share your projects on the Kindred Stamps FB fan page.  
Happy Crafting.

4 comments:

  1. I like it. Do you have any measurements or templates?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry I don't. I do have a pattern somewhere in my files but could not find it, so I had to make it up as I went along. This is much smaller than the template anyway as I made it to fit the characters size. Thanks for looking though. :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this one! My kids are big fans of the latest Star Wars trilogy... and they particularly admire Rey. Will have to show them your cute card.
    You did a fabulous job on the box, the little droid is a fantastic surprise! Awesome work Tania.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks Beccy. Yes I have always been a big fan of this too! Your kids have good taste! :-)

      Delete

#747

  Back with Sketch Saturday.    Went a little different with this one.   I only done 3 diagonal strip's.  And you will notice they are b...