Monday, November 5, 2018

Poinsettia

Hello!  And welcome, today, to my first post for MKC Digital as part of their design team.
We are focused on Christmas and Fall themes this month in their brand new release.    

My first image is The Poinsettia. 
First I printed 4 of the image as I want to cut out each differently to add layers to this project.  


 These are the colours I used.  I was surprised when I started to use the E04 as I never think that some earth colours would help colour poinsettia.  


Next I have cut them all out and popped each one on top of each other.  Then added some glue and chunky glitter in the centre.  I diecut some Cherry and white cardstock using my MFT stitched die to make the base of my tag (you don't need to just use everyday tag dies to make a tag).  I also used the Tag builder set from MFT for the extra bits ( top bit and the to and from). 


Then I put it all together and added some matching twine.  This is a great addition to a presents decorations for that special person you want to go the extra mile for.  I also added wink of stella to the red petals.  


The last picture gives you more of an idea of the layers.  I did shape the leaves and petals slightly to give it more of a 3-D effect.  


Don't forget to check the shop out.  They have some awesome images to choose from.  

Happy Crafting!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...