Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Gryffindor Crest

Today I am sharing an oldie but a goodie from Heartcraft Paper.

I was thinking of how I could do something completely different.  And I think I have succeeded.  
THis one is just a matter of different layers.  Here, let me show you the project first. 


First I printed out the crest image.  Coloured it in.  Then I took some SU Soft Suede and cut out a frame that left a little room around the crest.  Scribbled on the frame to give the woodgrain look, finished off with some sponging of Early Expresso ink.  
I then glued this to some Basic Grey card that had been trimmed to size and embossed with a brick embossing folder. 
Than I adhered a piece of acetate and trimmed to hide behind the grey.  I cut out a rectangle from the black cardstock so when the rest was adhered you could only see the outside.  In the middle I used double sided tape to adhere the crest.  This gives the look of the crest floating in a window.  
I loved how this turned out.  To give it a finishing touch I will buy 2 photo frames.  Remove a piece of glass from one and add it to the other, removing the back of that frame so to sandwich this project between 2 glass panels.  Daughter is going to love this on her dresser.  She is a huge Potterhead! 

There are only a couple of days left in our Heartcraft Paper Blog Challenge.  Come and join in the fun. 
Picture

Thanks for looking at my "different" project.  Until next ....happy crafting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...