Thursday, December 20, 2018

Designers Choice

Today is my turn for my Designers Choice Project over at MKC Digitals.  This is wear we pick an older image to work with (non new release).  

Mine is the Foxy Santa Hat.  This one I chose to make something for my kids to use over the Christmas break.  Here in Australia we finish school early to mid December for 6 weeks.  It is way to hot for kids to be sitting inside learning so it is time out over Christmas time.  

I made each one of my monsters.....er...babies, lol, a bookmark.  They love to read when it is time to relax.  So why not give them something personal to use.  


Now as any mother would know, with 3 kids sometimes it is easier to designate a colour per child.  This way they cannot pinch their siblings item.  So that is what I done.  This way we know whose is whose....Lol. The things we do.  

I used 3 different Distress Oxides on the Mama Elephant bookmark die, then spritzed on some water and dabbed off using paper towel to give it a splattered (snowy) look.  The sentiment was printed out 3 times and I used the smaller bookmark die for this one.  I colour the 3 foxes to match and added a little glittered snowflake and some ribbon and twine to finish off.  

This would be one of my favourite projects probably because it is a personal one and shows my kids I don't just sit in my craftroom to ignore them...hehe.  

Until next time.....happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#748

It is Sketch  Saturda y time again.   Here is this week's sketch. I have been gradually  familiarising   myself with some of my older se...