Saturday, March 16, 2019

The Greatest Birthday

and welcome to project 2 of 3 for the versatile stamp set Come One Come All.
This card was inspired by all the circuses I visited when I was a child.  They were not my favourite thing (the smell was the worst! LOL) but I did enjoy seeing animals I would not normally get to see in my small home town.  
With every circus comes a Ringleader.  I always loved the rich colours of their costumes and the whole theater of being in front of a captivated audience.  


Doesn't he look smart in his tales and top hat!  After colouring his coat, I kept the rich red theme for the curtains and the gold for the tiebacks and the ropes holding onto the sentiment sign.


And to make the spotlight on him I simply cut out an oval shape and used it as a stencil with some white Kraft ink.  Then cut another stencil with 2 lines slowly meeting each other at the top, and used a little less ink this time.  
I also thought I would be clever and cut out his whip but as I was cutting I snipped some off.  Ooops!  LOL.  
Cannot wait to give this to my daughter.  I am sure she will love it!  

Thanks for looking 
Tania
Paper and Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

#747

  Back with Sketch Saturday.    Went a little different with this one.   I only done 3 diagonal strip's.  And you will notice they are b...