Saturday, August 4, 2018

Something for me

Finally I am making something for me.  I am always busy making projects for my market stall, classes and DT's but never get a chance to have a play and make something for me.  Well I made a little time and had a play.  

I have bought some Karen Burniston dies over the last few months and never even opened a packet.....until today (whoohooo!)



First up I had to decide which one, and since I had not made anything with flowers in a while I chose the Flower Pot Pop up die.  But just to be a bit different, I didn't make this into a "card" but still something that folds down and can be given as a present/card.  

First up I wanted to make the pot a little stronger than normal and wanted to give it a mottled look of a real pot.  So I used watercolour paper.  Having received the latest of the Oxide release I used the colour Ground Expresso.  I swiped the ink pad on a laminated piece of card, spritzed with water then took the card to this. 


Covered the whole piece, dried it with my heat tool, then spritzed with again again and repeated the heat tool.



Once I covered 3 pieces of card like this I die cut the pot (2 pces)  and the 4 pces for the cross pieces (which I forgot to take a picture of...ooops!)


Then I put the pot together and put the cross pieces in also.  I didn't watch the Karen Burniston youtube video on this before I done it.  I still managed but I do believe her way was easier..hehe.


(and look at those inky fingers, shows I have been busy!)

The next photo will show you how many pieces I used in my project.  You don't have to do the same but you can use it as a guide.  The only piece that is not a Karen die is the branch.  That is from an old set I have from Spellbinders.  I sponged the same Oxide onto this to give a realistic look.  The Happy Birthday die cut I acciddently labeled as black it should say pink!  Doh!


The pink Happy Birthday I glued to a piece of acetate, then glued the white one on top slightly off to the side.  Then cut it to adhere it to the pot cross pieces.  Then I shaped all the leaves and flowers, added gems to the centres.  I added a little versamark to each of the leaves on the leafy pieces.  Some leaves were removed from the stems to add a little difference in look.  Then it was a matter of adding to the pot and make it look full.



Now I know this is suppose to go inside a card but seriously, how cut does it look beside someones laptop/computer?


(And yes this was staged as my craft area was a MESS and is never this tidy!! Hahaha)

 It can sit there and remind them that someone cares.  And to top it off it still folds flat (even though it isn't in a card)



So play time is over (for now) and housework is calling (ewwww!).
Until next time.........

#karenburniston #flowerpot #creatingforme #oxideink #paperandme 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...