Friday, August 10, 2018

Hot Stuff

Me again!  Second post today.  I HAVE been busy!  LOL  Today I am showcasing another Pegasus image from Heartcraft Paper.  

I wanted something a little different this time.  I was trying to think a little outside the box.  How could I turn this card, kind of, into a boy card?

I had to steer clear of any pastel colours I thought.  Son has some hotwheels cars and the packaging has the flames on it.  That is what the mane looked like to me, flying behind the majestic beast.  So that got me thinking.  Oranges to yellow for the wings, tail, mane and hooves.  Needed the red in the background (but not too much red) so I used a stencil to break it up.  Added the black card behind and the sentiment (MFT), in black, with black and yellow enamel accents with the odd clear sequin(I know not boyish but adds a little something without making it "girly").  The pegasus and the sentiment are "popped".  You can see better in this picture.



Copic marker colours
Y15 Y19 YR04 YR09
and the background colour is Distress Oxide Barn Door

Here is the final result.  


I was pretty pleased with it.  It is just one of the cards you start out with no idea but once you decide on a colour combo, it just snowballs from there.  And that turned out to be a good thing!

Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...