Sunday, January 24, 2021

Brand new challenge

 

I would like you to welcome a brand new challenge beginning this year.  

This is a weekly challenge that will challenge you.  From sketches to colour challenges, each week will be different. I hope you will join me playing along or just simply enjoying the projects made each week. 

This, the first week, is a sketch challenge. 


I really liked this sketch.  Not too busy and easy to follow.  Here is my project. 


I used the cute set from Kindred Stamps


You will notice one big difference.  I changed the eyes to add more of a kawaii look.  It was just a matter of drawing in different sized circles and making sure the original eyes were in the black area.  
Now the colouring had me stumped and frustrated.  There is no shading in these characters.  You would think that would make me happy. It did, but matt colouring seems so long ago...lol.  I made my peace with it.  Took me a few hours to get over the non blended images but this is their original look.  
I had some baby pink embossing powder in my stash from many moons ago.  So I heat embossed the sentiment twice to fill in any gaps.  I used a sun ray stencil in purple behind the characters to add a little something to the background.  The card front has SU DSP Oh So Ombre Sale a Bration paper on it.  Works perfectly with this project. 
I outlined all the panels in black for a more comic look.  Overall a great little pop culture piece.  

Thank you for joining me, in this, our first week of a new challenge blog. 
Happy crafting!







6 comments:

  1. OMG this is SO cute ... sure to bring a smile! I'm so thrilled to be on this very talented DT with you! Looking forward to seeing more of your awesome designs ... thanks for today's inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute and what a clever use of the sketch! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card you made ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This card is so fun! I love the Power Puff girls! Thank you so much for being part of this amazing design team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

#747

  Back with Sketch Saturday.    Went a little different with this one.   I only done 3 diagonal strip's.  And you will notice they are b...