Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Welcome!

Hi and welcome!  Hehe.  I have been having another play with the new release from Heartcraft Paper.  Seriously I am having fun!

The advantage of using digi images you can resize what you like, but more of that later.  


First step was printing out the main image.  I printed out 4 onto one piece of A4 cardstock.  That way it printed a nice size for the card.  The trick to using copic markers is to find your light source.  I am no expert, but I love to play with them.  The following photo's show the colours used.  



Then came the job of fussing cutting.  Lucky I luuuuuurve to do that!  lol  No, really I do love that!  

While I made the background, my little building on the rocks was having a rest.....


The background I used the Mixed media card from Tim Holtz.  My favourite for using Distress Oxides.  


First layer of colour.  


Second layer. But I did find it too bright so I sponged a little white over it to dull the brightness.   

Now with the banner I resized the Hogwarts to match the size of the Welcome to.  Then I hand drew a banner a couple of times so I could cut them out and layer them so it looked realistic (well sort of).  

Once this was done it was just a matter of sticking everything together.  I know it is a very simple card but the building on the rocks is the main feature and I didn't want to detract from that.  I am sure there is a little fan out there that would love this.   I know I would!  


You can get these images from Heartcraft Paper.   I just love some of those cute images she has.  And she is adding more all the time!  

Till next time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...