Saturday, April 7, 2018

Let's Eat Cake

Hello!  And welcome to my third posting as part of the Beth Duff Designs Creative Team and the Spring release.  Today we are showcasing "Let's Eat Cake".  Who doesn't love a cute cupcake design?  It really is too cute!  My first projects I stamped out enough smiley cupcakes to colour a rainbow.  I simply attached these to matching paperclips and added a gem to each to finish off the cute factor.  Choose your favourite colouring medium and go for it! 




And I put them to good use. I used them to mark where each colour is in my Copic book.




This next project, as you may have noticed I again went with lots of colour.  I grabbed some balloon dies ( these are MFT ones) and I die cut my own stencils, I used old x-ray films.  They make great stencils.


 Using my SU ink pads and sponges I randomly sponged these colours onto my whisper white cardstock using my brand new (lol) stencils. Voila!  Instant patterned paper.  I spritzed water onto this background and used a little paper towel in some spots to remove some of the ink.  Then I stamped the sentiment on with black ink. 





Using that ink I then stamped a large cake image. Using my Copic markers I coloured it in. 





Once done I fussy cut the cake and then  "popped" the cake onto the front with foam mount tape.  Glued it to the front of the card and randomly added gems. 

 
My last card is a bit different.  I have always wanted to have a go at the no line technique.  So here is my first attempt.  You have to have a go at this technique!  Panic set in when doing this as I wasn't sure it was going to turn out.  But it did.  Colours used here were SU Marina's Mist and Lemon Lime Twist for the balloons and Sahara Sand for the table outline.  Tried my best to match up my Copic markers, I have a few but none were lemon lime colour but I got close. Will keep practicing this technique.  I love watching what others come up with using it.  Seriously, HAVE A GO!!  lol 
 
 
 
Don't forget all the sets we have been showing you over the last week  go live Sunday in a limited amount of bundles 12 pm EST (U.S.), and individuals Monday 12 pm EST(U.S.)!  You don't want to miss out! 
Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

#749

  Sketch Saturda y is here.  Can you believe we are bearing the end of April already?  This year really needs to slow down    So a very geom...